Inspirations for Business and Life
• Here's to those of us who work for charity-we have to, nobody will pay us.
• In the words of Josh Billings, "Remember the poor - it costs nothing.”
• To the spirit of charity. As Clint W. Murchison said,
"Money is like manure. If you spread it around, it does a lot of good, but if you pile it up in one place, it stinks like hell."
• To courage, which Ernest Hemingway defined as "grace under pressure.”
• In the immortal words of John Paul Jones, "I have not yet begun to fight.”
• May noise never excite us to halt, or confusion reduce us to defeat.
• Here's to our brave forefathers. As Jonathan Swift said, "He was a bold man that first ate an oyster."
• To the critic - someone who likes to write about things he doesn't like.
• To our critics I offer the wise words of Benjamin Disraeli, who said, "It is much easier to be critical than to be correct."
• To quote Victor Hugo, "If we must suffer, let us suffer nobly."
• May we always remember the words of Epictetus, who said, "Only the educated are free."
• To the American eagle-may it never rise in anger, never go to roost in fear.
• To freedom from mobs as well as kings.
• Nothing but the best for our hostess. That's why she has us as friends.
• May your coffee and slanders against you be ever alike--without grounds.
• May the best of happiness, honor, and fortune keep with you.
• "Lack nothing: be merry." -Shakespeare, Henry IV
May the rocks in your field turn to gold.
• Here's to blue skies and green lights.
• May your well never run dry.
• May we be content with our lot, which, when you think about it, is quite a lot.
• After everything that has happened, I can only quote the last words of Czar Alexander I of Russia: "What a beautiful day."
• May we look forward with happiness, and backward without regret.
• A full belly, a heavy purse, and a light heart.
• Here's to your health, and your family's good health, and may you live long and prosper.
• To imagination. As Albert Einstein said, "Imagination is more important than knowledge.”
• To creativity. As Albert Einstein said, Creativity is contagious. Pass it on."
• To winning. Like Sun Tzu once said, “Know thine enemy, and you will win."
• To love. Faith makes all things possible.... love makes all things easy.